Deploy War Files

Hi,

we have been installed Tomcat 9 on our server, and configured to work in port 8081.

I read all documentation to create single war or individual war.

Individual war, works, but not create al zip file, create onli core and web (not gui)

mmm, please it’s possible to attach a mini manual of all process ¿?

Installation of tomcat and good configuration, go to cuba and configure parameters with their installation, modify files, install manual by copying files manually, and then install by war files. (other folder), start app.

If the manual has any capture… perfectly, a lot of people greats this :wink: (more visual) :slight_smile:

Hi Ivan,
We are going to add a section explaining WAR deployment to Tomcat on Windows to the documentation in the next few days.

Thanks!

Please see WAR deployment to Tomcat Windows Service - CUBA Platform. Developer’s Manual

Thanks! it’s OK! but, how can i deploy on same tomcat server more than one app, for diferents customers, and conenction to their databases?

Or, it’s possible to make a change on Cuba Studio, to have a management of diferents BUILDS with diferents connections, and then when i deploy, the possibility to choose for what customer. (if only exists one… deploy directly), and the name of the published app for every customer.

Example:
New configuration Zone for Multiple Building
Config 1: Name (customer one), connection String for each database Used on the project, appname for deploy war
Config 2: Name (customer two), connection String for each database Used on the project, appname for deploy war
Config 1: Name (customer three), connection String for each database Used on the project, appname for deploy war

Result, one war with perfectly information.

This, is more necesary for any programmer and to deploy secure certains app with respective connection.

Put in your mind, exists more possibilities to deploy and copy war file with incorrect connection string :frowning: this… is problematic and insecure…

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Ivan,
First of all, I would recommend using one Tomcat instance per customer. It is possible to change WAR name (Project Properties > Advanced > Modules prefix) and deploy several applications on one appserver, but it is usually makes sense only for tiny applications with low load.
As for multiple deployment configurations, you can create as many CubaWarBuilding tasks as needed (with different names of course). If you don’t want to put connection credentials to build.gradle, you can provide them from the command line through Gradle properties (-P) or Java system properties (-D).

Hi Konstantin,

But exists possibility to put war file in incorrect customer…

Can you mind in possibility in future version, to have a advanced deployment for several customers?

Or, exists possibility to have a central repositorie with last version, and then an autoupgrade to latest version from client side?

Please, open you mind in application installed on more than 100 customers for example.

Perhaps in time we will add more deployment facilities to Studio. Now it is more a development tool.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I think it is a kind of “luxury problem”: when you have 100 enterprise customers, you can afford creating a system of deployment scripts. We now concentrate on the problem of creating applications that can be sold to 100 customers :slight_smile:

Hi Konstantin, thanks for your comprension.

In line to sell a lot of applications on MORE than 100 customers, please proceed with have the best rad, and then, add more facilities to developers to make their customers updated :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!