Deploy to Google Kubernetes Engine

Has anyone tried to deploy a CUBA application as a docker image on “Google Kubernetes Engine”?

Kubernetes sets up a cluster which I wonder whether a CUBA application supports.

As Google Cloud now supports MySql as well as Postgres - I believe that the database connection should be ok.

Hey Torben,

I have deployed a few instances of the CUBA Order Management Demo via Kubernetes in both Google and Azure Cloud environments. These deployments did involve clusters and everything seemed to deploy and run correctly. I did not setup any fancy rules for the cluster as far as routing or failover but I wouldn’t imagine such rules would have a negative impact.

The connection to the databases, I tested both Postgres and MySQL, worked as expected as well.

Hi,

I recently wrote an article about Kubernetes and CUBA you might want to check out:

Bye
Mario

5 Likes

Mario,

Great article. I have been working on migrating our application to the cloud using Kubernetes on and off for a while now. I have our application up and running in a cluster but we want to add SSL encryption to the mix. I was wondering if you have any experience with setting up a NGINX reverse proxy in front of a CUBA application on Kubernetes?

I have successfully setup the NGINX ingress and got the SSL certificates working however I am running into the Session Time Out issue reported and discussed in this thread: User session log shows local IP in Cloud - #5 от пользователя rabkesov - CUBA.Platform.

As I am pretty new at NGINX especially when configuring through Kubernetes (I am relying on the Helm implementation of NGINX) I am having trouble understanding what configuration I need to add and how to add it to resolve this issue.

I am assuming I need to somehow define the cookie path in the ingress controller but am running into a roadblock as I do not have access to the machine hosting the Ingress (as far as I know anyway) and would want to define such rules in my ingress.yaml file anyway.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Corey Amoruso

UPDATE:
Just in case anyone else is running into issues with NGINX reverse proxy and CUBA I found that adding the following annotation to my NGINX Ingress definition took care of my issue.

nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/affinity: cookie

1 Like