Datagrid - Adding Entity as Generated column / Mapping <String,Entity> & manipulating those columns

I have 2 complex scenarios with regards to my Datagrid. Before I give my scenarios, I give the details.

I have 3 collection Datasources.

Authors : Name, Book (Association), revisionTime

Books : Title, Start Date, End Date, Author (Association)

Years : Start Date, End Date, Year Number.

I have created a datagrid for Authors (Collection Datasource). Lets say authorsGrid

Years can be created and edited on another screen.

Books can be created and edit on another screen.

Scenario 1:

I would like to generate columns on authorsGrid based on Entity (Years) not based on property.

Usually when we generate a column, we use

Datagrid.addGeneratedColumn("propertyname", new DataGrid.ColumnGenerator<Authors, Component>)

But I want to generate columns based on Years entity. I would like to map years to columnid(string) of each generated column.

If there are 4 years. Lets say, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. I want 4 columns to be generated for each year and I want each each to be mapped to columnId.

Is there a way to use (Map<String, Years>) while generating a column for an entity?

If there is a mapping I can collect books written by author in a particular year and store that detail in the cell belonging to the columnid.

Scenario 2:

Authors datasource has a new attribute : revisionTime. Based on revisionTime, the books belonging to Author needs to be checked.

For Example:

Lets say 2 Authors.

Author 1 wrote a book on 2016. RevisionTime : 24 months

Author 2 wrote a book on 2017. RevisionTime : 12 months

AuthorsGrid is displayed with Author Name, revisionTime and 4 generatedcolumn by Years (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019)

Author 1 row should display “green” on cell belonging to columnId (2016) and should also display “red” on columnId (2018) stating that a revision needs to be made on 2018.

Author 2 row should display “green” on cell belonging to columnId (2017) and should also display “red” on columnIds (2018, 2019) stating that a revision needs to be made on 2018 and 2019.

How to do the calculation to achieve on the authorsGrid? Sometime revisionTime can be 4, 18, 20 months.

P.S: The authorsGrid access and manipulation is for the administrator who can view, check and apply revision to books belonging to authors.

Your suggestions to both the scenario with be helpful. Thank You.

Hi,

Scenario 1:

You don’t need to map a generated column with an entity property, just use a unique ID for a generated column. So, this means that you can easily use your Map<String, Years> as a “data source” for generated columns.

Scenario 2:

In order to add styles to cell depending on some condition, you can use CellStyleProvider. See live demo for more details.