Custom label for default buttons

Hi,
In our application we use custom locales for regional languages. Please suggest how to modify the labels of default buttons like search button, ok button etc?

Thanks
Saumm

Hi Saumm,

This topic was discussed in this thread. Please, find an answer there.

Regards,
Aleksey

Thanks Aleksey.

Hi,
I am using intelliJ IDE to develop. When I tried to modify the labels of login screen all character comes as question mark. I am attaching the screenshot and properties(changed the file extension to txt as it is not supporting to attach properties file) file here. Please help me how to fix it.

login_screen

messages_od_IN.txt (638B)

Do you use standard deployment from Studio to Tomcat?

No, for these customization we use IDE and for screen generation and entity creation we use the studio.

I mean were do you deploy the app? The server must be started with -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 option, as specified for example in build\tomcat\bin\setenv.bat

Yes, we use the studio generated tomcat to deploy and run.

It’s working fine when I run the application from command line but does not work from IDE. Do I need to modify the settings of IDE ?

Interesting. How do you run the app from IDE? Some kind of app server integration in IntelliJ Ultimate?

I run the application using the gradle restart task.
I fixed the issue by modifying the settings in IntelliJ. The issue was due to the default encoding of IntelliJ followed the steps of [url=]Getting started | IntelliJ IDEA Documentation to change it to UTF-8 for properties files. I found the luck from your comment “I mean were do you deploy the app? The server must be started with -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 option, as specified for example in build\tomcat\bin\setenv.bat”.

Thanks a lot Konstantin.

Good to hear that. But your attached properties file was already in UTF-8. So it’s still not clear to me what was the reason.