CUBA Studio does not start when a Java version != 8 is installed

Using Homebrew on macOS it is very easy to install different Java versions on the same machine as their Cask repository has packages for the LTS versions 6, 8 and 11.

It’s also pretty useful to have different versions installed because it’s common for me to work on different projects that require different Java versions. Usually that’s not a problem at all because you can specify the JDK to be used per project through different mechanisms.

Unfortunately I’m experiencing a strange problem with CUBA Studio: as soon as I have any other Java version besides version 8 installed (additionally to the version 8 that is required by CUBA Studio), CUBA Studio does not start anymore.

I explicitly defined the JDK to be used in the CUBA Studio settings, but still, it refuses to start:

The only way to get it to start up properly again, is uninstalling all Java versions other than version 8, which isn’t optimal, because it means that I have to constantly un- and reinstall Java 11 when switching between different projects…

Is there a way to get CUBA Studio to run without this workaround?

Hi, maybe you want check this:
https://doc.cuba-platform.com/manual-6.10/setup.html#setup_troubleshooting

1 Like

Hi Bryan,

moving /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/openjdk-11.0.1.jdk/Contents/Info.plist away as described in the troubleshooting section worked.

Thanks a lot for the hint!