Couldn't connect to LibreOffice Instance. No free ports available

I keep getting this error even after adding 12 ports.

Couldn't connect to LibreOffice Instance. No free ports available

I added these ports in the local.app.properties file of the app-core module:
reporting.office.ports=8100|8101|8102|8103|8104|8105|8106|8107|8108|8109|8110|8111

I have 25 testers accessing the system and generating reports at the same time. So I need to add 25 ports? What then when the system start to be used by 2 000 users?

Hi,

Just came across your question and saw it wasn’t answered yet. You might already have solved the issue but this typically calls for queuing the report generation and generate them in background. Users should then be able to later on download the generated report, either through a notification email or a special ‘generated report’ screen.

Just thought to share my thoughts with you.

Regards,
-b

Thanks for replying thought it came late. I had to abandon using stand-alone Cuba reports server but embedded the yarg report engine into our spring boot application. Also we changed our app’s deployment architecture from a centralized to decentralized which means only few users access each instance and hence that eliminated the need for more network ports. Also some reports we display as HTML and Excel rather than pdf.