Hi CUBA team, thanks for developing such wonderful RAD tools.
I have 2 projects coming in and I am searching for good RAD tools for them.
Project 1 is about storing and sharing questions, answers and files. The estimated concurrent users will be 100k on peak period.
a. Is CUBA suitable for this project?
b. I have read the application scaling topic and found the maximum servers in the image is webclient x 2 and middleware x 2. Is it possible to have like webclient x 30 and middleware x 25?
c. I have used mysql or postgresql in the past for simple web development. I have plan to use postgres-xl in this project. The main different for postgresql and postgres-xl is the create table ddl with distribute / replicate options. The dml such as select etc are the same as well as the JDBC driver. Is it possible for me to modify the generated table creation script with distribute / replicate options and run it from within CUBA studio?
Project 2 is abit complicated.
- user register - user info stored on main database
- user activate payroll module - database created for payroll module, payroll info stored in private database, database connection stored in main database
- user can have more than 1 payroll module activated because he own more than 1 company
- user activate inventory module in company A - database already created, but tables will be created.
- our initial plan is to use the same WAR to manage our main database and user’s databases. But, certain user might need to add additional forms or customize a form or more reports or the application behave differently (eg. instead of doing nothing after save, it actually redirect to another form for only this user). My initial plan is to host the same WAR into another server. But my friends suggested using WSGI plugin way like Adempiere or iDempiere. Same basecode but different plugin.
- Everything is web based but there are some user requested to customize a program or desktop client for printing convenience.
Extra question, we are going to resell project 1 to some other potential clients with the same codebase but with different database data. How do I do that in CUBA studio?
I wish to know will CUBA able to make both projects success? We have a team of 3 developers and more to come up to 7 developers for this 2 projects.
Thank you very much.
*CUBA means a country???