Configuration interfaces improvements : enumerations, dates, customized setters

Hi

In my apps I tend to use lots of configuration and among them, configuration of properties that are enumerations or dates. Examples given below.

It could be interesting to have such values implemented natively.

@Property("busy.rounding.mode.for.factor")
    @DefaultString("HALF_UP")
    String getRoundingModeForFactorString();

default RoundingMode getRoundingModeForFactor() {
        return RoundingMode.valueOf(getRoundingModeForFactorString());
    }

@Property("busy.rounding.scale.for.price")
    @DefaultInt(2)
    int getRoundingScaleForPrice();

@Property("busy.rounding.mode.for.price")
    @DefaultString("HALF_UP")
    String getRoundingModeForPriceString();

default RoundingMode getRoundingModeForPrice() {
        return RoundingMode.valueOf(getRoundingModeForPriceString());
    }

@Property("busy.accounting.movements.sending.startDate")
    @DefaultString("2022-06-04")
    String getMovementsSendingStartDateString();

default LocalDate getMovementsSendingStartDate() {
        return DateUtils.DATE_FORMAT_AAAA_MM_JJ.parse(getMovementsSendingStartDateString()).query(TemporalQueries.localDate());
    }

@Property("busy.accounting.planEnrichmentFormula")
    @DefaultString("servreg7chars")
    String getPlanEnrichmentFormulaString();
    void setPlanEnrichmentFormulaString(String plan);

default AccountingPlanEnrichmentFormula getPlanEnrichmentFormula() {
        AccountingPlanEnrichmentFormula formula = AccountingPlanEnrichmentFormula.fromId(getPlanEnrichmentFormulaString());
        return formula != null ? formula : AccountingPlanEnrichmentFormula.WITH_SERVICE_AND_REGION;
    }

Also for the last example I would like to be able to write a setter using the enum value like below.

default void setPlanEnrichmentFormula(AccountingPlanEnrichmentFormula val) {
        setPlanEnrichmentFormulaString(val.getId());
    }

But doing so will rise an exception.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid config interface method: public default void com.ibusy2.config.AccountingConfig.setPlanEnrichmentFormula(com.ibusy2.entity.AccountingPlanEnrichmentFormula)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.core.config.ConfigMethods.newInstance(ConfigMethods.java:41)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.core.config.ConfigMethods.getInstance(ConfigMethods.java:69)

Setters are quite useful in my case because apps are auto-configuring themselves once deployed according to customer specific setup, and doing so using configuration setters (among other mechanisms).

I admit such improvements become more and more useful in big apps where you have to write a lot of configuration, but anyway that would help.

Regards
Michael