CheckBox with indeterminate state

I tried to create a custom component from Vaadin directory - indeterminate checkbox (IndeterminateCheckBox - Vaadin Add-on Directory) but couldn’t get it from CUBA Platform repository with this error:

org.gradle.internal.resolve.ModuleVersionNotFoundException: Could not find org.vaadin.sebastian:indeterminatecheckbox:1.0.0.

I tried to set other versions (2.1.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.0 etc) but got no success.
Also I cannot browse CUBA Platform repository because of login requirements, and my CUBA registration key is not being accepted as login/password.
In general, is there indeterminatecheckbox component in CUBA repository and how can I check availability of third-party components?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the problem. I’ve successfuly added compile('org.vaadin.addons:indeterminatecheckbox:2.0.1') as the dependency of Web module using https://repo.cuba-platform.com/content/groups/work repositry.

Also, make sure that you added Web-toolkit module and added widgetset inheritance:

<inherits name="com.vaadin.sebastian.indeterminatecheckbox.IndeterminateCheckboxWidgetSet"/>

It the problem persists, could you clarify whatever repository you use?

Thanks Gleb!
It’s not clear how to set components’ path - org.vaadin.addons or com.vaadin.addons or org.vaadin.sebastian, and it’s really unclear how to set a widgetset inheritance path.
And what about browsing CUBA repository?

So, to find out what widgetset to inherit, you can overview the jar file of the addon, for instance:

And what about browsing CUBA repository?

Take a look at our bintray: Service End for Bintray, JCenter, GoCenter, and ChartCenter | JFrog. We don’t store vaadin addons, so you will see no vaadin addons in our repository.

Have you successfully added the addon to your CUBA application?

Yes, thanks. Is there any plans of migration to Vaadin v8? Its’ standard checkboxes already have indeterminate state.

Vaadin 8 will be introduced in the Platform 7.0 release. Take a look at the Road Map.

This might be an easier alternative to the 3 state checkbox

Hi Gleb!
Unfortunately the IndeterminateCheckbox component is not applicable because of bugs. For example, it can change its’ icon by mouseclick in disabled state without call of onValueChange event.
I tried to create a new JavaScript component Checkboxradio from jquery 1.12 but its’ appearance is very different from standard Vaadin 7.7 theme.
Could you give me some advice what else component can I find/create? Or correct the IndeterminateCheckbox bug?

Hi,

You can integrate any JavaScript library, so I would recommend looking for some suitable component. For instance, this one looks pretty good, but bear in mind that you still need to do some effort to make this component look as you want. I mean that you need to make some styling in addtion to integration.

As for Vaadin add-on, you can try to create an issue in the author’s GirHub page.

Regards,
Gleb