Change default halo icons

I’m trying to change the default icons used in halo, I found a properties file called default-theme.properties, but I do not know where I should place it in my project to make the changes I require.
If it is correct to change it this way?

1 Like

Did you try to follow instructions in the Creating a Custom Theme section?

Yes, the difference is that I do not want to use Font Awesome if I do not own icons. The only touch that I want to do is to change the icons.

Hi,

you can change default icons to PNG versions one by one:

1. Create theme extension using Studio

2. Create file halo-theme.properties in your project package inside web module

3. Set cuba.themeConfig property in web-app.properties:

cuba.themeConfig = halo-theme.properties /com/company/customicons/halo-theme.properties
  1. In your halo-theme.properties file you can set concrete icon key to null:

cuba.web.icons.create.png=
  1. Then you can add your custom create.png icon to web/themes/halo/icons

Or you can disable font icons completely using WebConfig property in web-app.properties:

cuba.web.useFontIcons = false

Also you can change default icons for standard actions: Create / Edit / Remove / etc. Default icons for standard actions are defined in default-theme.properties file. Set custom icons in your halo-theme.properties:

actions.Create.icon=icons/custom-create.png

Where exactly do you need to store the halo-theme.properties file and how to configure? Tried several locations/configurations but could not get it to work.

So mainly steps 2 and 3 are not clear to me.

For step 2: go to web module src in your IDE and create halo-theme.properties file in your package, in my example it is com.company.customicons.

In step 3 you should use path of your halo-theme.properties in the cuba.themeConfig value. In my example it is /com/company/customicons/.

Thanks Yuriy, after some trial-and-error I got it to work.

Now I am configuring some icons but not able to do all of them., see below.

# These work ok
actions.Add.icon=font-icon:PLUS
actions.Create.icon=font-icon:PLUS
actions.Edit.icon=
actions.Remove.icon=
actions.Refresh.icon=

# These do not work
actions.Copy.icon=
actions.Save.icon=
actions.OkClose.icon=
actions.Ok.icon=
actions.Yes.icon=
actions.No.icon=
actions.Close.icon=
actions.Cancel.icon=

I have tried to find more information on what names for the actions to be used but couldn’t find anything. Do you have such information available?

See my answer in your new topic: Replacing default icons - CUBA.Platform