Can't create record set using entities that are not BaseUuidEntity type

When I try to create a new record set I get the following casting exception;

ClassCastException: io.cfreactor.elements.crm.entity.Customer cannot be cast to com.haulmont.cuba.core.entity.BaseUuidEntity

My entity classes inherit BaseLongIdEntity and implement the HasUuid interface. I’m assuming that a unique identifier that is scoped across the entire application, rather than an individual entity as is my current case, is required for the record set feature to work properly. I would further assume the UUID provided by the HasUuid contract would also satisfy this requirement. This does not appear to be the case. Is this a design oversight, bug or am I not doing something properly?

If such feature is restricted to a particular entity type, and from the documentation there is general bias towards BaseUuidEntity, is there a recommended procedure to safely change the inheritance strategy from BaseLongIdEntity to BaseUuidEntity? From my experience, this can’t be done using Studio. And although making the change in the IDE is simple other dependencies such as database scripts would break.