Cannot commit changes to the production db

Hello,

So far, I deployed my project with tomcat on production. I have a browser screen with dataGrid inline editor & I commit changes to the db with postcommit listener.
Everything works fine on the local host side i.e. it commits the changes and save it to the db right away but on the production side it saves the changes I made but when I reload the browser screen again the changes disappear.
it acts a bit weird because when I change something, the UI screen takes a bit longer to update and when I reload it the changes disappear.
Then I went to the debug mode and I see some warnings:

On local side - WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-1] com.vaadin.server.DefaultDeploymentConfiguration.checkProductionMode

On production side - Warning: your widget set seems to be built with a different version than the one used on server. Unexpected behavior may occur.

I also see an error on server log catalina.out - ERROR c.h.c.core.app.scheduling.RunnerBean - Error running ScheduledTask{87b898c8-60b2-13f6-aea8-a1cced10221d, beanName=cuba_FtsManager, methodName=processQueue, singleton=true, period=30}

What can be the possible reason, any suggestions ?

Regards,
Sanchit

PS I will also attach the log files.
catalina.2017-10-25.log (5.3 KB)localhost_access_log.2017-10-25.txt (33.0 KB)

Hi Sanchit,

The log files and messages you attached have nothing to do with the problem of saving changes to the database. Please provide more details: what DBMS you are using, how you commit the changes.

Hi Konstantin,

I know it has nothing to do with the current problem, I just attached it anyway.
We are using SQL DBMS and the postcommit listener to commit changes:
dataGrid.addEditorPostCommitListener(event -> { getDsContext().commit(); showNotification("Changes saved"); });

btw what about the Fts error…

Look at the log file when you commit your changes. With the default (for Tomcat deployment) logging settings you should see a message like this:

com.haulmont.cuba.core.app.RdbmsStore - commit: commitInstances=[... [detached]], removeInstances=[]

Check it in your development and production environment.

As for FTS error message, is there a stack trace nearby?

Hello Konstantin,

I can see the message on development side but not on the production side.
There is literally nothing on the production log after commit.

When I debug on production side I got this warning:
Warning: your widget set seems to be built with a different version than the one used on server. Unexpected behavior may occur.
also, the engine versions are different
Client engine version 7.7.9.cuba.0 Server engine version 7.7.8.cuba.6

Does it have anything to do with it?

No it doesn’t.
If you don’t see the message from RdbmsStore about commit, then the problem is on the client level. Try to add some logging to the screen code. For example, you could interrupt the commit event with a BeforeCommitListener added to DsContext.

Solved after downgrading the gradle version.