Browser screen's table sorting

Hi,

I have a problem with sorting column in browser screen. In my language we use characters like ‘Ö’, ‘É’ and ‘Á’ etc. And if i have a value like ‘Önéletrajz’ (CV), and I want to sort that column ascending, it will put that word into the bottom of the column, and at us, in our abc, it comes after O letter.
How could I fix it?
I guess cuba or Vaadin thinks it is a special character and this is the reason, why it is sorting wrong.

Thanks.

Hi,
Thank you or reporting the problem. We are going to fix it in the platform.
Unfortunately, there is no simple way to workaround the issue, but you can do the following:

1. Create a custom datasource in Studio (specify Datasource class).

2. Open the created class in IDE
    Override the getEntities() method. For instance, as follows. As result, sorted items will be loaded from the DB.
    To fix in-memory reordering, specify custom EntityComparator by overriding the createEntityComparator() method.

public class MyDsClass extends CustomCollectionDatasource<NewEntity, UUID> {

private DataManager dataManager = AppBeans.get(DataManager.class);

@Override
    protected Comparator<NewEntity> createEntityComparator(){

if (sortInfos&#91;0&#93;.getPropertyPath() != null) {
            final MetaPropertyPath propertyPath = sortInfos&#91;0&#93;.getPropertyPath();
            final boolean asc = Sortable.Order.ASC.equals(sortInfos&#91;0&#93;.getOrder());
            return new MyEntityComparator<>(propertyPath, asc);
        } else {
            // If we can not sort the datasource, just return the empty comparator.
            return (o1, o2) -> 0;
        }

}

@Override
    protected Collection<NewEntity> getEntities(Map<String, Object> params) {

LoadContext<NewNewEntity> loadContext = LoadContext.create(NewNewEntity.class)
                .setQuery(LoadContext.createQuery("select p from test$NewEntity p order by p.newField"));

List<NewNewEntity> orderedEntities = dataManager.loadList(loadContext);
        return orderedEntities;

}
}

95f3066606922bafed13a0284dbaed90

:ticket: See the following issue in our bug tracker:

https://youtrack.cuba-platform.com/issue/PL-9186