Automatic sending of logs

Hello, I have deployed my application at a client and while testing it, they are uncovering some bugs. So when they report a bug, i have to log in to the client environment, open the log file and track down the time as to when the error happened.
I was wondering if there was a way so that whenever the application generates an error or an exception, the user could just click a button “Send log”, and I will be emailed automatically the error message and/or the log.
Or in general, what would be the best to generate a bug reporting system so that whenever the application generates an error, it can be sent automatically to an email address?
Thanks.

Hi, Francis!
There is a cuba.supportEmail application property for the Web module. If the property is set then a “Report” button appears at the “Unexpected error” dialog. You can read about this application property here: https://doc.cuba-platform.com/manual-6.0/app_properties_reference.html#cuba.supportEmail.

This application property is stored in the database, so you can set it with the ConfigStorageMBean. Another option is to set the value in the web-app.properties or local.web-app.properties file of your application.

UnexpectedError

Yes it works. Awesome. Exactly what I needed. Thank you.