Platform and Studio 7.0 BETA

Hi @marc
Thanks for this report and for creating the new topic.
We’ll look into it.

1 Like

Yes @knstvk . Thank you.

10 minutes into my first test, and already loving it. Great job.

I see that the instance name tab on the entity editor is gone.
But no mention in Release Notes?

I am currently using Lombok.toString() in the meantime though it is not the same as before.

BTW @knstvk: Any plans on using lombok in future releases to reduce boilerplate? All those silly getters and setters hurt my eyes! :smiley:

Hi
in the release notes you say

Java 8, 9 and 10 can be used to build and run applications

Java 11 is on the list too?

Thx

Sure, thank you, the new version is amazing, with IDEA integrated, now developers works really in one screen. :slight_smile:

We are not planning to use Lombok, for us it is uncontrollable mechanism that makes debugging harder and requires a plugin in IDE.

Hi Paolo,

Java 11 is not yet supported because EclipseLink still doesn’t support it.
See our setup instructions at Setup - CUBA Platform. Developer’s Manual

Regards,
Konstantin

At the moment you can use “Add name pattern” intention (press Alt-Enter when you are in the entity class source). We are thinking how to make it more straightforward.
See also https://doc.cuba-platform.com/studio-7.0/data_model_entities.html#data_model_name_pattern

1 Like

Hi @konstantin
as I didnt have JDK10 in my computer, just tried at Oracle site and see it is no more available for public download. only option remains is either stay with JDK 8 or wait for JDK 11 to be compatible with EclipseLink. Any drawbacks for staying with JDK 8?

1 Like

I have started testing with a test project. I see visual designer to create Entity, Screen, View etc. but I am missing the menu option to modify the same in visual mode once it is created. Wondering what I am missing here!
40%20AM

found it. There is a tab named designer that works for the visual part.

1 Like

I would recommend staying with JDK 8 until full support for JDK 11 is available.
AdoptOpenJDK promises JDK 8 updates till September 2023.

2 Likes

I have created a simple project but how do I start the application server?

Cattura

1 Like

Hi,
first of all: A good job!

Integration of Custom Visual Components still seems to be broken. Trying (an adapted version) of the sample Java Script Component “Slider” - as described in Developer’s Manual - I always get NPE when creating the component:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractJavaScriptComponent.registerRpc(AbstractJavaScriptComponent.java:178)
	at com.vaadin.server.AbstractClientConnector.registerRpc(AbstractClientConnector.java:224)
	at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponent.<init>(AbstractComponent.java:149)
	at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractJavaScriptComponent.<init>(AbstractJavaScriptComponent.java:170)
	at com.company.jscomponent.web.toolkit.ui.slider.SliderServerComponent.<init>(SliderServerComponent.java:18)
	at com.company.jscomponent.web.product.ProductEdit.lambda$new$2(ProductEdit.java:47)
	at com.haulmont.bali.events.EventHub.publish(EventHub.java:170)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.screen.Screen.fireEvent(Screen.java:125)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.screen.UiControllerUtils.fireEvent(UiControllerUtils.java:53)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.WebScreens.createScreen(WebScreens.java:225)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.WebScreens.create(WebScreens.java:155)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.EditorScreens.createScreen(EditorScreens.java:262)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.EditorScreens.buildEditor(EditorScreens.java:163)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.EditorScreens$EditorBuilder.build(EditorScreens.java:585)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.actions.list.CreateAction.actionPerform(CreateAction.java:120)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.web.gui.components.WebButton.buttonClicked(WebButton.java:61)
	at com.haulmont.cuba.web.widgets.CubaButton.fireClick(CubaButton.java:76)

There is a CUBA menu in the menu bar: https://doc.cuba-platform.com/studio-7.0/ui_menu.html

1 Like

Hi, we’ve fixed this issue just a few hours ago: NPE on initializing components that extend AbstractJavaScriptComponent · Issue #1544 · cuba-platform/cuba · GitHub

:relaxed: Thank you!

I attempt to activate BPM and getting the following error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':app-core'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':appComponent'.
   > Could not resolve com.haulmont.bpm:bpm-global:7.0.0.BETA1.
     Required by:
         project :
      > Could not resolve com.haulmont.bpm:bpm-global:7.0.0.BETA1.
         > Could not get resource 'https://cuba-platform.bintray.com/premium/com/haulmont/bpm/bpm-global/7.0.0.BETA1/bpm-global-7.0.0.BETA1.pom'.
            > java.lang.NullPointerException (no error message)

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 4s
Could not get resource 'https://cuba-platform.bintray.com/premium/com/haulmont/bpm/bpm-global/7.0.0.BETA1/bpm-global-7.0.0.BETA1.pom'.
9:56:15 AM: Task execution finished 'clean'.

Hi,

For now, you need to configure premium repository access in gradle.properties file.