Extending a prototype bean

High level: I’m trying to extend a prototype bean definition but I keep running into a error regarding non-compatible, conflicting bean definitions. I’m unsure how to fix it.

Specifics: I’m attempting to extend the filter component so that I can specify specific metaProperty paths, similar to the "excludedProperties" of the filter. I’m adding an "includedProperties" attribute to the filter definition in my screen descriptor. I’m then attempting to either extend the ConditionDescriptorsTreeBuilder class or creating a new implementation of the ConditionDescriptorsTreeBuilderAPI so that I can parse my new "includedProperties" attribute and have those metaProperties included on the AddConditionWindow. I have attempted to add the extended/new implementation to both the spring.xml and web-spring.xml file as I have with other services/beans but I still run into the non-compatible, conflicting bean definitions error.

I must be missing a step somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

I resolved my issue. See here to see my final result.

I should clarify the issue. The scopes did not match. The ConditionDescriptorsTreeBuilder has a prototype scope. This must be explicitly defined. See the web-spring.xml file in the link.