Trying to migrate legacy application into CUBA platform

Hi,

I am trying to migrate legacy application into CUBA platform.

To start with, I was able to establish connection with an existing oracle database and was also able to generate model and entities. But when I tried to run the application there is a warning message which I don’t understand. Could someone please help me, Image has been attached.

Regards,
Raman

Hi,

Did you configured the oracle database as an additional datastore in the cuba app or as the main datastore?

Bye
Mario

Hi Mario,

I configured oracle as an additional datastore.

Regards,

Raman

Hi,

in this case what studio tells you here is that at the first start of the app it identified that the main datastore was not created yet.
It wants to create the structure for the HSQL DB (by default) to create the tables for users, roles, filters etc…

Bye

Hi,

I configured Main Data Store with HSQL DB, whereas additional data store with Oracle. Now when I try to “Start Application Server” nothing is happening. In the run console window at the bottom I can just see Starting the server… Server terminated and url at “Runs at…” is grayed out URL: “http://localhost:8080/app”.

Raman

Adding on to this question. Do I need tomcat to be installed on my machine in order to run the app?

Hi,
I would suggest you to go through the Quick Start video:

It covers and demonstrates points you’re asking about.

CUBA and Studio software requirements are mentioned here: Setup - CUBA Platform. Developer’s Manual

Thanks Alex, I was able to get it up and running.

Raman