MySQL connection problem

Thank you for the quick response. I am having a terrible issue creating a database from the studio. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Here is the log information:

[06:03:32.993] Trying to connect to jdbc:mysql://localhost/iocm
[06:03:33.034] Connection successful
[06:03:41.344] Updating database jdbc:mysql://localhost/iocm
[06:03:41.344] Executing Gradle task: updateDb
:app-core:assembleDbScripts UP-TO-DATE
:app-core:updateDb FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app-core:updateDb'.
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1.203 secs
[06:03:42.640] Task 'updateDb' failed
java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server.

Please check your database settings.

P.S. Please use ``` before and after code / logs blocks, it is really hard to read your posts.

Which DB settings are you referring to? As you can see in the log, the DB can be successfully connected to via the “Test Connection” process.

Studio runs updateDb Gradle task. You can find its DB settings in build.gradle script:

task updateDb(dependsOn: assembleDbScripts, description: 'Updates local database', type: CubaDbUpdate) {
        dbms = 'hsql'
        host = 'localhost'
        dbName = 'demo'
        dbUser = 'sa'
        dbPassword = ''
    }

Why am I getting this error? Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: \deploy\tomcat\conf
\app-core\local.app.properties (The system cannot find the file specified). How is the file local.app.properties created?

Unfortunately, I cannot say what is wrong with your project. Without details and context it is extremely hard to solve the problem.

I solved the issue. I added the proper parameters to the files and the application is running now.